The first decision about your make up will be what kind of look am I envisioning?
Some things to consider:
What kind of hairstyle will you have?
Which style are you most comfortable with (natural, dramatic, etc.)?
Are you going to hire a professional make-up artist?
Helpful Hints for your Wedding Make-up:
- Make time to plan
- The easiest way to have your skin appear flawless is to have flawless skin…start a skin care regimen to have the best skin possible for your big day.
- Avoid facials and self-tanners the week of the wedding…no one wants to be a blotchy bride!
- Schedule TWO test-runs for your make-up design. This gives you a chance to make adjustments and gives your artist a chance to practice.
- Select images of your desired look to show your artist. Bring in a picture of your gown as well. Give your artist as much information as possible of the look that you desire.
- Trust the professional to give you advice on options for color, finish and application.
- Avoid OVERDONE makeup. You do need to wear a little more make-up than usual for pictures and video, but stay natural with layers of the same color to create depth.
- Avoid Shine. Using Matte finishes will absorb light and help to hide small imperfections and fine lines.
- Lipstick should be a shade or two darker than you usually wear. Don’t forget to reapply!
- Communicate your opinions to your stylist. They can’t fix what they don’t know is wrong. It is important to feel comfortable telling your stylist what you do and do not like about his creation.
- Find a makeup artist that will come to you! Many makeup artists will travel to your wedding location to style on-site. This way, you don’t have to worry about any extra stops on such an important day.