The first decision about your hair will be will I wear my hair up or down?
Some things to consider:
What kind of hair do you have?
Which style are you most comfortable with?
What will most compliment your dress’ neckline and your head piece?
Helpful Hints for your Wedding Hair Style:
- Choose your gown and headpiece before you decide on your hair.
- Find a stylist that specializes in the style that you are after.
- Make time to plan
- If you are going to have you hair colored, make that appointment for at least THREE weeks before. This gives you time to let the color adjust and react to potential mistakes
- Schedule TWO test-runs for your style. This gives you a chance to make adjustments and gives your stylist a chance to practice.
- Select images of your desired look to show your stylist. Bring in a picture of your gown as well. Give your stylist as much information as possible of the look that you desire.
- Trust the professional to give you advice on styling options for your length, texture and thickness of hair.
- Communicate your opinions to your stylist. They can’t fix what they don’t know is wrong. It is important to feel comfortable telling your stylist what you do and do not like about his creation.
- Be READY this usually includes having clean, dry hair that is ready to be styled.
- Find a stylist that will come to you! Many stylists will travel to your wedding location to style on-site. This way, you don’t have to worry about any extra stops on such an important day.
- Relax and enjoy the experiencePhoto by Next Exit Photography